I LOVE to cook! Im am always looking for recipes that I can share with others.
This is really really good!
Hands on time – 10 minutes
Total Time – 35 minutes
Serves 4 (or more if you add more food 😉 )
What you will need:
2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, at room temperature (I used margarine)
3 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
8 bone-in, skin on chicken thighs (about 2 1/2 lbs total)
Kosher salt and black pepper (I used regular salt, or you can use sea salt)
1 lb of Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces (I used red potatoes and they tasted just fine)
1 lb of Brussels sprouts, trimmed (I did not know what that meant, Im still a little new to cooking with them, so I looked it up on youtube, I would suggest trimming them before hand since it can take a while)
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary, chopped (I opted out of using them because my husband is not a fan or rosemary, still tasted amazing)
1 lemon, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1. Heat oven to 425 F, with the racks in the upper and lower thirds. Combine the butter and mustard in a small bowl. Place the chicken on a rimmed baking sheet ( I used a regular sheet) and loosed skin, using your fingers. Spread the mustard butter under the skin of each thigh, dividing evenly. Season with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
2. On a second rimmed baking sheet, toss the potatoes, Brussels sprouts, rosemary, lemon slices, oil, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
3. Put both the chicken and the vegetables in the oven at the same time
– Roast the chicken on the top rack until an instant read thermometer inserted in the thickest part (avoiding the bone) registers 165 F, 20-27 minutes.
– Roast the vegetables on the bottom rack at the same time as the chicken, tossing once, until tender, 18 to 22 minutes.
4. Serve the chicken with the potatoes and Brussels sprouts on the side.
Hope it turns out as amazing for you as it did for me!